The Glass House Mountains have to be one of the most photographed natural landmarks in the country, but you won’t need the pictures when you can see them out of your window every day. The prize home in the Endeavour Foundation draw #414 pairs a traditional Queenslander design with a breathtaking view of the hinterland on a truly outstanding piece of property.
The first prize package is worth $1.4 million and will have you relaxing in a home that’s designed for quiet contemplation. Two octagonal rooms flank the main entrance, housing a self-contained guest suite and a lounge that’s flooded with natural light. The back of the house opens to an unobstructed view of the botanic gardens, the mountains, and the vast expanse of the Sunshine Coast hinterland. If you need a little extra incentive to unwind, try soaking in the sunken hot tub or pick a spot to curl up in front of the fireplace. If you want a home that’s half an hour from the beach yet surrounded by a tropical oasis, this is the one.
Life on the Blackall Range
If you’ve never been to Maleny, you probably can’t appreciate how picturesque this part of the country really is. This is a community that attracts people who are looking for an alternative to the stress of city living, with organic food markets, specialty shops and a passion for the environment. You can still fish for perch in the local dam and enjoy a little homemade ice-cream on the way home.
Despite its otherworldly setting, Maleny is only half an hour from the beaches of Caloundra and the many attractions of the Sunshine Coast. That means you can always leave your idyllic retreat for a day of golf, surfing, or cruising the amusement parks.
The home itself is fit for a millionaire, with all the space and features you could want in a luxury residence. Gleaming hardwood floors, two fireplaces, and a full-length verandah that houses a sunken hot-tub and al-fresco. Both the guest quarters and master bedroom have their own ensuite, and the two additional bedrooms are roomy and comfortable. If you need to do a little work, you’ll love the study with its fireplace and built-in bookshelves. Break out the scrabble in the front lounge or put your feet up on the back deck and just listen to the birds.
The kitchen is a real showpiece, with sleek black cupboards, white counter tops and gold accents. There’s also a fully-equipped butler’s pantry and a breakfast island where you can pull up a stool and enjoy your morning coffee. The home is perfect for entertaining, with an integrated central living space that’s framed by the majestic view.
Features of the Sunshine Coast Retreat
Along with the view and spacious interior, you’ll be impressed by the design features of this lavish home. The foundational black and white palette is accentuated by splashes of peacock green, warm grey tones and natural wood and rattan furnishings. It all adds up to a contemporary style that fits beautifully with the natural surroundings.
- $1,401,640 first prize
- 284 square metres of indoor living and 92.7 square metres outdoor on a 2276 square metre lot.
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living area with floor to ceiling glazing overlooking the verandah and hinterland beyond
- Butler’s pantry off the kitchen
- Living room and study both have a fireplace
- Study walls are lined with bookshelves and it has both a desk and seating area
- Light and airy front lounge
- Guest suite has its own bathroom, walk-in robe and front verandah
- Master bedroom has an ensuite and walk-in robe. Panoramic views and door onto the back deck
- Four bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in all
- Back verandah spans the house with an outdoor dining area, BBQ, comfortable seating and a sunken hot tub
- Laundry on the lower level with access to the garage and exterior
- Common area floors are all polished hardwood
- Room for two cars in the garage
- $105,000 worth of interior design
- $9,301 worth of electricals
- Includes 6 months of free monitoring for the security system
- $10,000 in gold bullion
- $2,340 for the land transfer
There’s Also an Early Bird Draw
Buying your tickets early could pay off with $5,000 to be won in the Early Bird Draw. Just be sure to make your purchases on or before the deadline of May 9th, 2018 for this chance to win a nice chunk of walking-around money.
Remember These Important Dates
6 June 2018: The Endeavour Foundation Lottery Draw #414 closes at 7:00 pm AEST
13 June 2018: The draw takes place at 11:00 am at the Endeavour Foundation, 33 Corporate Ave., Cannon Hill, Queensland.
You can watch the draw for yourself as members of the public are always more than welcome to attend.
Winners are notified by telephone and also advised of their good fortune by registered mail. The Courier Mail will publish a list of winners on 16 June 2018. A list of winners will also be posted to this site following the draw.
Come and Visit this Spectacular Residence
The $1.4 million prize home at 615 Mountain View Road, Maleny QLD 4552 is now open for touring by the public. Drop in any day between 10am and 5pm, right up until the close of the draw, to see the fabulous view for yourself.
Ticket Books for Draw #414
- 1 Ticket 1 in 630,000 chance of winning
- 2 Tickets 1 in 315,000 chance of winning
- 4 Tickets 1 in 157,500 chance of winning
- 10 Tickets 1 in 63,000 chance of winning
- 14 Tickets 1 in 45,000 chance of winning
- 30 Tickets 1 in 21,000 chance of winning
Tickets for the draw are $10 each but buying a ticket book gives you more chances to win. You’ll start getting free tickets after making a $30 purchase, and that means more chances to win the dream home in Maleny.
Thank you for supporting the Endeavour Foundation with your ticket purchases. Proceeds will go towards helping Australians living with a disability lead more independent lives and your support is much appreciated.